Zaicom Healthcare is a highly successful prelaunch agency specialising in creating and delivering strategic, brand-focused medical
communication programmes in global, regional and UK healthcare environments and is always keen to meet new talent.
Current vacancies are listed below. If you would like to learn more about a career at Zaicom please telephone Jennifer South on
+44 (0) 1403 320220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A busy independent healthcare communications consultancy, are seeking a Medical Writer to join their growing company. The organisation focuses on delivering excellent client service and quality outputs to a range of global and European pharmaceutical companies.
The ideal applicant will have a degree in life sciences at least 2 years experience as a Medical Writer gained within healthcare communications or the pharmaceutical industry. They should be familiar with writing, and managing the delivery of scientific content for a range of communication materials and target audiences, to meet client needs, internal quality standards and timelines. They will also be able to work independently and as part of the wider team, building both internal and external relationships.
In addition anyone who has experience in gastrointestinal therapy areas will be of particular interest.
This is an ideal opportunity for individuals to join a thriving, yet friendly organisation and be part of their continued success.
To prepare accurate scientific content for a range of medical communications materials in order to satisfy internal editorial and account standards and external client needs in terms of quality, focus and timing.
Medical writing/Project work
- Write and edit high quality, scientifically accurate content for a range of medical communication materials (e.g. scientific journals, educational materials, promotional materials, patient materials, disease area materials, web site and digital outputs) ensuring that the content is accurate
- Ensure that medical copy is produced in accordance with the client's preferred style and that it meets the communication objectives of the client and account
- Provide excellent editorial project management skills on projects
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant industry guidelines, recommendations and best practices and share with the team as necessary
- Keep the appropriate team members appraised about the status of projects
- Develop and maintain knowledge, awareness and understanding of the client's market, product profile, competitors and trends
- Develop knowledge in new therapy areas rapidly as required by client and account needs
- Participate in client teleconferences and meetings on a regular basis (with support from team members)
- Develop costs for all aspects of projects, liaising with team members or external providers as required
- Provide input to costs for proposals and pitches as required
- Essential: Educated to at least 1st degree level (in a life or medical science or similar qualification)
- Desired: Evidence of personal development; Higher degree in relevant subject
- Essential: Relevant medical writing experience in a healthcare communications agency or the pharmaceutical industry
- Desired: Extensive GI experience preferred
Job Specific Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Organisational ability
- Attention to detail
- Ability to apply skills and knowledge to the pharmaceutical/healthcare communications industry
- Computer literate (Microsoft packages and Endnote and/or Reference Manager)
To find out more about this position, or to apply directly, please contact Jennifer South, Zaicom Healthcare Ltd, Fraser House, 14 Carfax, Horsham, West Sussex,
RH12 1DZ or email to email@example.com